Hello! Blog

Today, I am going to present my evaluation of a blog that I read in the class. This is my first time to write an English blog about my own feelings and perspectives. Hope this can be a good start for all the following attempts in the next few weeks. 

Organization and Layout
The blog that I have read is very unique from my perspective. First of all, it displays articles in the form of cards with a picture at the top of the card, a title and first few sentences of the blog below the picture. Actually, it is similar to the form of Instagram, so this blog is a combination of the traditional blog and the latest social media. Readers can easily get the main topic of each articles and then decide whether to read it in detail. All the other blogs I have read only represent their headlines, which sometimes is not enough for readers to predict its whole content. Moreover, every card has the rscore of people rating the article and the amount of replies of the article. It gives me direct impression of how well this article works.

Ease of use and Navigation
However, what make this blog unique can also bring some disadvantages. For example, I cannot search for specific articles easily. Many other blogs put their articles in alphabetical order, but this one does not have a clear guideline for readers to look up for specific articles. We have to browse all the articles to find what we want,

Content and Features
In addition to its special way of presenting its articles, the pictures the author chose are interesting and can match with the content of each article to some extent. I like these abstract pictures which not only arouse my enthusiasm for reading it in detail but also make me reconsider the connection between the picture and the article. The author has put effort in finding this pictures.

Target Audience
In my opinion, this blog is set for all the people who are interested in teaching. The author shared his own experience and thinking. He can always get inspiration from daily events, which is something I should learn from. And this author is willing to have a discussion with people commenting on his articles and raising their doubts. I can see his passion for teaching.

I found a video for blog beginners to get familiar with blog and learn some successful tricks when starting a blog. Hope you can enjoy it.



Comments

  1. Hi Runting! You've made a wonderful start here - great! The blog looks clean and classy with useful subheadings and I like the way the picture shrinks into the text when you click to see the whole post (perhaps Blogger did that but anyway it's cool!). One little tip - make sure you are specific about the thing you are blogging about - it wasn't clear whose blog you were reviewing and I couldn't find a link! So although you were saying interesting things about it, as a reader I couldn't go and check for myself (and you did such a good job that I really wanted to!). Well done for getting a blog embedded in your post - it's an interesting one although mainly for those who want to make their fortune with blogging. I'm not sure that applies to us!! Good job - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Runting. I'm so pleased to have a look of your blog! It's very neat and well-organised. I like you've put sub-headings and it makes the structure clear. As Tilly mentioned above, though, it would be better and easier for readers to understand what the post is about if you give a brief introduction in the beginning. I didn't do it in my first post either, so this is to say to both of us :) Keep the good work- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Runting, this is a really nice first blog, so clear and nicely laid out. I hope you will write some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Runting,
    I love the name you give to your blog. You started with an interesting post. I second Tilly and Suji's comments on the sub-headings. They really help the reader. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Try to use Kahoot in your teaching!

Nearpod: real-time help through amazing interactive activities!